Preparation Time: 30-35 minutes.
Cooking: 10-15 minutes.
Origin of Pad Thai: Thailand.
Yield: 3-4 persons.
This pad thai recipe is for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Additionally, Thai food lovers will love this but is not a traditional pan tai recipe. It also contains a lot of protein because of the egg. But if you are vegan you can exclude it and put just tofu which is nice too (or you can put cashew nut). Also, try to make this with gluten-free tagliatelle which is much healthier. Just remember to serve this delicious Pad thai plate hot and you will love it.
Ingredients you will need:
- 400-450g of tagliatelle of your choice.
- 4 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 eggs (cashews or peanuts for vegans).
- 3 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- ¼ cup of soya sauce.
- 1 red pepper.
- 1 onion.
- 100-110g of tofu.
- ½-¾ cup of fresh shredder coriander.
- 2 tsp of stevia or coconut sugar.
- 5 fresh onions.
- 1-2 garlic glove.
- 1 tbsp. of Sambal sauce.
- First, start by adding the tagliatelle in hot water for 10 minutes until they become soft. And also remove from the water.
- Cut the onion, the pepper and the fresh onions into slices. Also, smash the garlic.
- Cut the tofu into thin strips.
- Put 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to cover the surface area of the wok. Then beat the eggs to make a thin omelette for 2-3 minutes. Now we take it out we cut it in slices.
- Next, put the rest olive oil now in the wok and the Ingredients mention in step 2. Then heat at high temperature for 3 minutes. After this put the pasta and mix well.
- Now we put the tofu, the fresh onions, more than half of the coriander and the lemon juice.
- Lastly, mix the soya sauce with the sugar and the Sambal sauce. Then add it to the pasta with the rest coriander.