This Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl recipe is one of our favorite meal prep recipes from our 4 week meal program, HGG Reset! It’s bursting with delicious flavors and is sure to leave you feeling satisfied. You can’t go wrong with adding micro greens and harissa sauce!
This Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl recipe is bursting with delicious flavors and is sure to leave you feeling satisfied! It’s the perfect meal prep recipe, and you can’t go wrong with adding micro greens and harissa sauce.
As you’ve probably seen, we recently launched a brand new meal program, HGG Reset! The HGG Reset is not just another meal plan, it’s 4 weeks and 60+ recipes focused on foods that work in your favor. This means loading up on things that leave you feeling satiated, like full fat dairy, whole grain carbs and lean protein, and stripping away things that weigh you down. This isn’t about creating yes/no lists with tons of restrictions; it’s about piling on the good stuff and returning to the kitchen to create delicious, whole food recipes.
This Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl is one of our absolutely favorite recipes from the HGG Reset. It’s packed with hearty ingredients like chickpeas, avocado and brown rice and has a bit of spice from harissa (such a good salad and bowl topper!). Better yet, it makes meal prep a breeze. Did you know that the HGG Reset will guide you through your entire meal prep process each week? That means two days of meal prep per week and you’ll be set with delicious eats all week long. Let’s get started with this tasty recipe – enjoy!
Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash (½ large butternut squash)
- 1½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed, and dried
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- For the Bowls
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup harissa sauce
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread cubed butternut squash out on a baking sheet. Toss with all ingredients and place the squash on the top rack of your oven. Roast at 400ºF for 15 minutes. Remove and toss. Then, place back on the top rack of your oven along with the chickpeas on your bottom rack. Roast for 15 more minutes.
- Spread chickpeas out on a baking sheet. Toss with all ingredients and place on the bottom rack in the oven (below the squash). Roast for 15 minutes.
- Place rice and water in a
medium sizepot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Separate brown rice, roasted squash, chickpeas, arugula, avocado, and microgreens out into 4 equal servings. Add your harissa sauce and enjoy!
Serving size: ¼ recipe Calories: 540 Fat: 27.6g Saturated fat: 3.1g Carbohydrates: 80.6g Sugar: 8.3g Fiber: 21.2g Protein: 11.9g
The HGG Reset is exactly how we eat when we want to feel our best. It’s a four week focus on nourishing your body with foods that work in your favor, while stripping back what weighs you down. There aren’t any “yes/no” lists, but we’ve intentionally designed this program to help you establish a new, sustainable eating pattern with healthy, satisfying food that tastes as good as it makes you feel! Ready to get started? Grab your copy here!